Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Blessings

Luke 16:10 (NLT) If you are faithful in little things, you will be faithful in large ones. But if you are dishonest in little things, you won’t be honest with greater responsibilities.

This is a post and a prayer request…I know I am not alone in this and I will pray for you as well.

“It takes hard work to care for all the blessings God gives us. Be careful what you ask for…when God gives it to you, He expects you to take good care of it.” This sentence flew out of my mouth as I was talking with the kids about all the housework I was doing. Not out of the norm stuff...just the everyday for a mama of three. The three are just getting older and noticing the work it takes to run a household - often because I ask them to help.

Many days, I’m not sure I could handle more responsibilities. Ever get to the point when your blessings overwhelm you with the duty of them? There are many days I ask for wisdom to be the mama my children need. To be the friend my friends need. To be the wife my husband needs. To care for all my many blessings. I am not a great housekeeper…not in the least. But thankfully, the LORD looks at our hearts and not outward appearance (1 Samuel 16:7)…and thankfully, my children and husband appreciate the work of life and not a life of work. We live our lives and live in our home – and care for it as it needs not as some of the world demands. I prefer to be responsible and faithful in the greater things and not let great things demand me.

I am enjoying and thankful to God that on some level He trusts me with the care of hearts not just worldly possessions. I am in awe that He would care for all the details of my life, know how my heart turns so quickly from Him and give me so much anyway. Who Am I Really?

My desire is to bless the LORD with all His blessings. I know I fall short (Romans 3:23) in my care of my blessings of life. Thankfully, God refines and trains me in the care He desires and how best to please Him with every stumble I make.

Deuteronomy 10:12 (NLT) [A Call to Love and Obedience] “And now, Israel, what does the LORD your God require of you? He requires only that you fear the LORD your God, and live in a way that pleases him, and love him and serve him with all your heart and soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment